Pages

Colour-Blocking Fun ...

So just to make this blog a bit more fashionable..
One of my favourite summer trends is .. COLOUR-BLOCKING.
Pretty obvious by the title... anyway the colour-blocking trend began about a year ago and it literally means an outfit made up of 'blocks' of solid colour.

Okay so here are my Do's and Dont's:

Do's:
-Use colours from the same'family'eg. Primary colours -Blue and yellow are perfect(Royal Blue and Mellow Yellow)
-Go for neutral, metallic or black accessories to keep the look simple and let the colours pop.

Dont's:
-Avoid colours with different shades,use colours with the same level of intensity
-Don't add florals, prints, stripes or patterns of any kind when colour blocking an outfit - it's very circus clownish 

For a more summery way of colour blocking you can use orange with blue, pink and yellow. For a more classy look go with green and black.

A great way to colour block is by using your accessories.

Remember fashion is for expressing yourself and your style so just have fun with it!

Here is my outfit suggestion and wear to get it:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey,
I found your blog because you follow Ashley’s blog (Ring my bell) and I thought I would check out a few other Bloggers that follow her. She has great style and I really like your as well. You have a awesome blog and this post is great, love that blue clutch ! It would be cool if we could follow each other!
If you have facebook, I would be so grateful if you could like my page: http://www.facebook.com/newyorkdoll
Aimee: http://www.new-yorkdoll.blogspot.com
xxx

Chi-Chi said...

the blu clutch against the yellow top is really nice.

i like that you have given advice, however i would like to see how you actually style the colour block trend x

www.thatgoodirlchi.blogspot.com

Nilda Cristina said...

Thanks! And im following your blog I love it :)