Pages

Je Suis Charlie |Tragedy|

Hey Loves,
As  much as I would like this post to be fashion related the latest mishap that occurred in Paris lays heavy on my heart.
Any tragedy is hurtful to hear but this one is religion based and motivated by 'god'. As you all may or may not know I am a Christian and as a Christian I don't believe God would find what happened a good thing nor something he authorised. I don't mean to make this sound biased or one sided but when did violence ever become the answer.

Terrorism caused more problems than it resolved. The death of others should never satisfy anybody not even a religious god. No offence to anyone who is religious or non religious but matters like this need to be addressed.

As I said before I am a Christian and have faced turmoil because of my own personal decision. We've all heard the 'funny' 'jebus' jokes that aren't really funny at times and you probably may have come across the show 'Black Jesus'. Believe it or not I have a sense of humour but certain things just cross the line. I understand comics and cartoon characters are all fun and games but also are offensive to many as we all saw today (07/01/2015).

If I felt my belief was being mocked or disrespected my last thought would be to pick up a gun and end someone's life over it. Being honest it would never cross my mind. Who am I to take someone else's life when the life I am living was given to me by someone greater than I?  

So, okay people are dead, are you satisfied? Have you released your anger? Is 'god' delighted with you now? For crying out loud pick up a stress ball, drink some camomile tea and sit down. How ridiculous it all sounds to me. What has been achieved by this? What have you gained from this? A couple of virgin brides in the after life? What's wrong with your current spouse? Or are you that messed up you don't have one?

I would love to know what goes through people's minds to commit such a crime against their own kind. Doesn't matter what part of the world we are from we are all supposed to be one. A united people wanting the best for each other. I believe that is what God would approve of. Unfortunately not everyone thinks this way.

This rant is coming to an end and I hope you can accept my opinion or at least be mindful of it. We all have the freedom to speak our minds, whether our opinions are right or wrong. But who is good enough to establish what is good and what is wrong?

No comments: